Newburyport Adult and Community Education (NACE) is a self-supporting program. It is under the auspices of the Newburyport Public School System. Its budget is funded primarily from course fees. Additional funding has been made available from the Newburyport Five-Cent Savings Bank. NACE is available to everyone. Most classes are available to high school students (age 15 & over).
Keep in mind:
- We don’t send confirmations — we only contact you if your class is NOT going to run.
- We don’t cash checks immediately. We hold them until we are certain a class will run.
- No refunds are given after a course begins.
- If you need to contact us, e-mail is the best way!
- Use the Website to get immediate answers and to check for any changes to your class.
- We offer three regular sessions annually: fall, winter & spring and short session in summer (4 weeks).
- We welcome your suggestions.
People just like you.
“Learning is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tourtured by…” T.H. White. Explore!
In these challenging times, leaning/exploring new ideas are more important than ever. New questions/concerns are confronting us daily. Learn a new perspective. And even some new technology.
NO REFUNDS are given after a course begins. In order to receive a refund, students must withdraw at least two weeks prior to the first class. In case of cancellation of class, a full refund will be issued.
- If you withdraw your enrollment for an online course prior to (3) business days (Monday-Friday) of the courses’ starting time, we will offer you a refund, minus a $5 processing fee.
- Should you elect to receive a course credit, the $5 processing fee will be waived.
- Once the class has started, there will be no refund.
- Respectfully, we ask you to test out your online platform in advance as we will not be offering refunds for last minute technical difficulties.
- There are tips HERE which may help guide you in learning how to use these platforms.
Faculty Professional Development Points
Newburyport Public School System has approved for Professional Development Points. | Learn More |
Newburyport Adult & Community Education gift certificates may be purchased for any face value. Call the office for more information – 978-465-1257.
Share What You Know… TEACH
If you have a particular skill or area of expertise, consider teaching a course or workshop at Newburyport Adult and Community Education.
New Teacher Training
We offer a new teacher’s workshop to teach facilitation skills and help organize a lesson plan.
- The Thursday before a session’s classes begin at 7:00 p.m.
- The Nock Middle School Library.
- New teachers are encouraged to come.
- Call the office for more information – 978-465-1257.
To get on the mailing list or to request a catalog mail a postcard to us at 241 High Street. Newburyport, Ma 01950 call: 978-465-1257 or email: Vicki Hendrickson
Get involved with Newburyport Adult & Community Education!
Become a volunteer and work with us to grow the program and keep it a viable resource for our area. We welcome your participation. Please e-mail: Vicki Hendrickson
NOTE – THERE WILL BE NO CLASSES:
- COLUMBUS DAY, VETERAN’S DAY, WED. BEFORE THANKSGIVING AND THANKSGIVING
- DURING NEWBURYPORT SCHOOL VACATIONS
- IF NEWBURYPORT SCHOOLS ARE CLOSE