Newburyport Adult and Community Education (NACE) is a self-supporting program. It is under the auspices of the Newburyport Public School System but operates independently and receives no city tax dollars. Its budget is funded primarily from course fees. Additional funding has been made available from Newburyport Bank, Institution For Savings, N.A.I.D., Moseley Foundation, Newburyport Civic League, as well as individual donors.
- We do not send registration confirmations. We only contact you if your class is canceled or full.
- We do not deposit cash/checks immediately. We hold them until we are certain a class will run.
- No refunds are given after a course begins.
- If you need to contact us, e-mail is the best way
- Check the website often to see if there have been any changes to your class!
- We offer three regular sessions annually: Fall, Winter & Spring and a short session in Summer (4 weeks).
People just like you! We believe education has no boundaries so you DO NOT need to live in Newburyport to take a class! We have students come from all over. NACE is available to everyone. Most classes are available to high school students (age 15 & over). “Learning is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by…” T.H. White. Explore!
If, for any reason, Newburyport schools are closed or cancelled, Adult Ed Classes will ALSO BE CANCELLED.
- Check out Facebook, Instagram or the website for class cancellation updates or call (978) 992-8060.
- NO REFUNDS are given after a course begins.
- In order to receive a refund, students must withdraw at least one week prior to the first class.
- In the case of a class cancellation, a full refund or credit voucher will be issued.
- If you withdraw your enrollment for an online course prior to (3) business days (Monday-Friday) of the courses’ starting time, we will offer you a refund, minus a $5 processing fee.
- Should you elect to receive a course credit, the $5 processing fee will be waived.
- Once the class has started, there will be no refund.
- Respectfully, we ask you to test out your online platform in advance as we will not be offering refunds for last minute technical difficulties.
- There are tips HERE which may help guide you in learning how to use these platforms.
Gift CertificatesGive the gift of learning! Newburyport Adult & Community Education gift certificates make great gifts for any occasion!
- To purchase, call 978-465-1257 or Order Online Here
Share What You Know… TEACHIf you have a special talent, skill, passion or area of expertise, consider teaching a course or workshop. We welcome any and all ideas for consideration!
- Download a proposal form or email Patty St. John
Mailing ListTo request a catalogue or to get on our mailing list, please call: 978-465-1257 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Involved with Newburyport Adult & Community Education!Become a volunteer and work with us to grow the program and keep it a viable resource for our area. We welcome your participation. Please e-mail: email@example.com
THERE WILL BE NO CLASSES ON THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday
- President’s Day
- Patriot’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Juneteenth (Observed)
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day (Observed)
THERE WILL ALSO BE NO CLASSES:
- DURING NEWBURYPORT SCHOOL VACATIONS (FEB, APRIL AND DECEMBER)
- IF NEWBURYPORT SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING INCLEMENT WEATHER, etc..