Policies & Procedures
Newburyport Adult & Community Education is a self-supporting program. It is under the auspices of the Newburyport Public School System. It is entirely self-sustaining. No tax dollars are allocated to the program.
- We don’t send confirmations — we only contact you if your class is NOT going to run
- We don’t cash checks immediately. We hold them until we are certain a class will run.
- There is a $5 processing fee when using the online ordering/payment system (displayed as Shipping Processing: $5).
- No refunds are given after a course begins.
- If you need to contact us, e-mail is the best way: Vicki Hendrickson
- Use the Website to get immediate answers and to check for any changes to your class.
- We offer three regular sessions annually: fall, winter & spring and short session in summer (4 weeks).
- We welcome your suggestions. NACE is available to everyone. Most classes are available to high school students (age 15 & over).
Who Takes Classes?
People just like you. “Learning is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tourtured by…” T.H. White. EXPLORE! Learn a language, get answers to computer questions, paint, draw, write, play guitar, sing, dance, exercise, meditate, cook… we’re just getting started. So many wonderful classes waiting for Y O U!
If the Newburyport schools are cancelled, adult ed classes will be CANCELLED. Should bad weather begin in the afternoon, check the Website: www.newburyportadulted.org. Or call: (978) 465-1257 or (978) 361-6008 for class cancellation updateIf the Newburyport schools are cancelled, adult ed classes will be CANCELLED. Should bad weather begin in the afternoon, check the Website. Or call: (978) 465-1257 or (978) 361-6008 for class cancellation update.
NO REFUNDS are given after a course begins. In order to receive a refund, students must withdraw at least two weeks prior to the first class. In case of cancellation of class, a full refund will be issued. NO REFUNDS are given after a course begins. In order to receive a refund, students must withdraw at least two weeks prior to the first class. In case of cancellation of class, a full refund will be issued.
The Nock Middle School (NMS) is wheel-chair accessible and has facilities to accommodate disabled persons. Please don’t hesitate to advise us if you need assistance.
Newburyport Adult & Community Education prides itself on the caliber of instruction offered; however, we are not responsible for any loss or damage of personal equipment or any personal injury incurred while following an instructor’s directions. We are not responsible for personal property left in our buildings or at offsite locations. Students take courses at their own risk. If you leave something behind, let us know and we’ll do our best to find it for you.
Parking is permitted in the parking lots at Nock Middle School on a space available basis.
SPECIAL THANKS TO...
the Newburyport Five Cents Savings Bank, The Institution for Savings, The Mosely Foundation, The Bishop Foundaton, Newburyport Civic League and N.A.I.D. for their support. And to all of our FRIENDS for contributing to our program. Also to many faculty members who chose to volunteer rather than be paid for the important information they share with students.