Nancy Bentivegna will guide you in creating beautiful illustrations in colored pencil. She is a veteran teacher and artist. Students will learn the techniques of colored pencil application, including color observation, color mixing and layering. Each week will focus on a different color palette and botanical subject. Knowledge of basic drawing and tone and shading in graphite is helpful for success in this class. You will leave the course with frame-able art and the skills to create future masterpieces!
Materials list (all available at Blicks):
- 9X12 Strathmore drawing paper or colored pencil paper (400 series, brown or green cover) $7 – $9;
- New kneaded gray erasers $2;
- Battery operated pencil sharpener $7 – $25??(depending on brand);
- 1 Pack of Prismacolor Veri-thin colored pencils (12 pack is fine) $8:
- 1 Pack (12 or 24 colors) Prismacolor Premier or Faber Castell Polychromos (These are the only two recommended brands) $16 – $32.
- You will develop a preference to one brand or the other, as they do lay color down differently. Prismacolor is waxed based, Faber Castell is oil based. You may choose to buy some of each brand to determine which you like best.
Total cost of all supplies is $38 – $60 (depending on how many pencils you choose to buy). There is also a “materials fee” of $15 to be paid to the teacher for flowers.