Policies & Procedures
Newburyport Adult and Community Education is a self-supporting program. It is under the auspices of the Newburyport Public School System. Its budget is funded primarily from course fees. Additional funding has been made available from the Newburyport Five-Cent Savings Bank.
- We don't send confirmations.
- We only contact you if your class is NOT going to run.
- We don't cash checks immediately.
- We hold them until we are certain a class will run.
- NO REFUNDS are given after two-weeks prior to the start date of a class which is when we deposit checks, unless the class is cancelled or rescheduled.
- There is a $5 processing fee when using the online ordering/payment system (displayed as Shipping Processing: $5).
- If you need to contact us, e-mail is the best way:
- Use the Web site to ask questions: www.newburyportadulted.org
- We offer three regular sessions annually: fall, winter & spring and short session in summer (4 weeks).
- We welcome your suggestions.
Who Takes Classes?
People like you. People who want to explore new areas of learning, who seek enrichment through their own creativity. People who seek professional and personal growth and those who enjoy the company of others who want to learn.
If school is cancelled, adult ed classes will be cancelled as well. Should bad weather begin in the afternoon, call 978-465-1257 or 978-361-6008 for an answering machine announcement.
No refunds are given after a course begins. In order to receive a partial refund, students must withdraw at least two weeks prior to the first class. In case of cancellation of class, a full refund will be issued.
Nock Middle School (NMS) is wheel chair accessible and has facilities to accommodate disabled persons.
Newburyport Adult & Community Education prides itself on the caliber of instruction offered; however, we are not responsible for any loss or damage of personal equipment or any personal injury incurred while following an instructor’s directions. We are not responsible for personal property left in our buildings or at off-site locations. Students take courses at their own risk.
Parking is permitted in the parking lots at Nock Middle School (NMS) on space available basis.